By using this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this policy.
Collection of Personal Information
‘Personal Information’ means information we hold about you from which your identity is either clear or can be reasonably determined. When you give us your personal information, it imposes a serious responsibility on us. Protecting your privacy when handling your personal information is very important to us and is fundamental to the way we serve you. Personal information is collected directly from you when you request to purchase a print, when you contact Jason Davis Images with a request via email or the contact form or when you telephone for information. We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. At any time you can cease providing information and ask for any information already given to be deleted. If you choose to not provide your personal information when requested, we may not be able to deliver the product or service that you have requested.
How is that information used and shared?
We use the personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it. When you purchase a print we need to identify who you are, we need the credit card information for payment, we need suitable identification to ensure the credit card is not being used fraudulently and a shipping address so you can receive your goods. We have a strict duty to maintain the privacy of all personal information we hold about you. Certain exceptions do apply under the Act:
- authorised or required by law (e.g. disclosure to various government departments and agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office, CentreLink, Child Support Agency, or disclosure to courts under subpoena)
- in the public interest (e.g. where a crime, fraud or misdemeanour is committed or suspected and disclosure against the customer’s rights to confidentiality is justified)
Authorized third-parties of Jason Davis Images may also need access to some of your personal information. For the purpose of shipping, your name and shipping address will need to be shared with the shipping agent.
Website Security and Privacy
We understand that you may be concerned about the security of the personal information we collect from you online. Accordingly, we have systems in place to ensure our online dealings with you are as secure as if your dealing with us in person.
In those instances where we secure your personal information in transit to us and upon receipt, we use the industry standard encryption software, Secured Socket Layer (SSL) 128 bit encryption. The URL in your browser will change to “HTTPS” instead of “HTTP” when this security feature is invoked. Your browser may also display a lock symbol on its bottom task bar line to indicate this secure transmission is in place.
Data Retention, Access, Updating and Removal
Your personal information is recorded offline only for a reasonable period needed to facilitate the purpose it was obtained. Your account information is stored online and is password protected. You can access it at any time, update it or delete it. You have the right to request access to any personal information Jason Davis Images is storing about you. This right is not absolute and is subject to the following exceptions allowed by law:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- the request is frivolous
- the information relates to a commercially-sensitive decision-making process
- access would be unlawful
- access may prejudice enforcement activities, a security function or commercial negotiations.
We would endeavour to fulfill any legitimate and reasonable request as quickly as possible.
Are there cookies?
Cookies are delicious but these ones are the computer variety which are less yummy. This should be all you ever need to know about computer cookies and what Jason Davis Images is doing with them.
- Session cookies – temporary cookies that only last until you close your browser; and
- Persistent cookies – cookies that are stored for a longer term on your computer (until you delete them).
Session cookies are used to help with any log-on and log-off processes like if you open an account to purchase prints. They are also used to improve how you navigate through the website and conduct transactions. Persistent cookies are a small piece of text stored on your computer which assists in measuring how and when you visit the website and recognises when you return to the website.
Jason Davis Images believes it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity.
We will use reasonable efforts to verify parental consent prior to the collection and use of personal information from children under 16. The method of verification may vary according to the information, product, service or event in which the child wishes to participate. Consent may take a variety of forms including offline consent such as printing and submitting a permission form by mail or fax, or online consent such as by ticking an online check box that parental or guardian consent has been obtained.
We do not require parental or guardian consent in order to collect and use online or offline contact information to:
- respond directly to a child’s request on a one-time basis, or to answer a specific request, where the information is not intended to be used to re-contact the child for other purposes;
- request the name or on-line contact information of a parent/guardian for the sole purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing parental notification; or to
- respond directly more than once to a specific request from a child and the information is not intended to be used to recontact the child beyond the scope of the request.
Jason Davis Images will allow parents or guardians to review any personal information collected from their children, subject to verifying the identity of the consenting parent/guardian. Parents/guardians may revoke their consent and delete information collected from their children at their discretion. Jason Davis Images will never knowingly collect personal information from children younger than 13 and any information collected unknowingly will be deleted immediately.
I’ve had enough, how do I stop?
If you have subscribed to receive email notifications from Jason Davis Images you can opt out at any time by requesting to unsubscribe. All email correspondence will have a link to unsubscribe.